Thursday, October 1, 2009

Finally

I'm finally going to get serious about this and start posting updates for everyone who cares.  Because as I see it, if you don't care, you wouldn't be here... right? Right.  Ok, moving on.

Izzy has started preschool and loves it, at least we think she does.  There are 8 children in her class, 2 girls, 6 boys.  It's hard to get her to talk about school, like what they did or what she learned.  Mostly she will say "We played and played."  I haven't noticed a big change in her since she started.  I did notice yesterday that she brought a toy (and all the accessories) up from the play room and when she was done with it, actually took it back downstairs.  I don't know if she put it away once she got it down there, but at least she took it down there.  Izzy loves having a little sister.  She sings to her and talks to her and shares her toys.  I'm very surprised there haven't been any major melt downs over Maggie having one of her toys or Maggie taking over the high chair.  We have moved Izzy to a booster seat at the "big" table and she does wonderful with that.  Now to just get her to eat.  She eats about as much as a baby bird some days.

Maggie is getting over her first official cold.  She had some trouble sleeping this past Friday night and then we started to really notice it Saturday night.  I stayed home with her and Izzy on Monday, and by that point we all had it.  The past few nights she has been back to sleeping through the night in her crib, so that's good... for all of us!  Maggie is a bit high maintenance, so we spend a lot of our time holding her or walking the floor with her to keep her happy.  Since this cold hit her, she is even more high maintenance and our arms and backs are sore from the walking and bouncing and sitting and standing we have to do with her to make her happy.  She gets easily frustrated with her toys and will start to cry when she can't get it in her mouth just the way she wants!  I wonder where she gets that from.....  She is babbling and sitting up straighter and straighter every day, with some support from us, of course.  She rolls 3/4 of the way over and then gets mad at the bottom arm and cries and goes back to her back.  She'll figure it out soon though. 

Nothing new to report other than the growing kids!  Since we are officially in October it's time to start thinking about the holidays coming up.  We will kick off the Holiday season with Luke's birthday on the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment