Izzy got to wear her costume to school on Thursday. When she came downstairs to eat breakfast her costume was sitting there on the couch. She didn't want to eat her pancake, but had a little anyway and then wanted down so she could dress up. She couldn't wait to spin, just like a princess. We went to mom & dad's first so they could see Izzy in her costume and watch Maggie while I dropped Izzy off for school. There are only 8 kids in her class, 6 are boys. The other girl was also Snow White; she had a totally different get-up, floor length, paler colors, much more poofy sleeves. I thought Izzy would be upset that she wasn't the only Snow White in town, but she didn't seem to care too much. When I went back to pick her up she started crying because she wanted this other little girl's crown and I think possible her purse too. I had to explain that those were a part of her costume and Izzy wouldn't like it if someone tried to take her crown. The teachers had made goodie bags to take home, so that took Izzy's mind off of this other girl's accessories.
We had a relaxing day at home for the rest of the day. Luke took off 1/2 of the day to attend a funeral and then came home, so we had a spur of the moment "free" day with the kids. Maggie did her usual of not wanting to nap. She finally took a bottle and fell asleep around 5:30... trick-or-treat started at 6. I tried to sneak her costume on her while she slept, but instead scared the crap out of her as she woke up and all she saw was the green of her costume.
Here they are... Snow White and her Pea Pod. First, Izzy explains the finer points of trick-or-treat to Maggie, then they both look up after agreeing on a plan of action...
Luke took Izzy and Maggie to a few houses and then came back to drop Maggie off. She is a bit much to carry around for long distances! Izzy went to a few more house, via her wagon, and then came home with a bag full of goodies. We ended the night like we do every year, with a trip to Jersey to see their cousins. Henry was tired from being at school all day and tirck-or-treating all night, so we didn't see too much of him. Laney was on a sugar high for sure and Luke was feeding off of that! Will was down for the count, sleeping with daddy. Unfortunately we didn't get to see any of them in their costumes, but it was already late and probably bed time for all of them!
In other news... Maggie is rolling over now. Mostly back to belly in both directions (left and right.) She will roll from her belly to her back, but I think that is sometimes from the momentum of rolling over in the first place. She has successfully had green beans, peas, and squash. Izzy continues to eat like a bird and I think if it were up to her she would skip dinner completely and just have a bed time snack. She has started to become a little more possessive with "her" toys and I'm always reminding her that she has to share with her sister, forever, for the rest of her life she has to share!
Now that November is here, I can look forward to Thanksgiving Day. I don't know why, but that day is one of my favorites! I can't wait for the Macy's parade, food, family and fun. I WILL NOT be shopping the day after. I tried that last year, and no thanks! I am not pushy enough to do that ever again.
And last, let us not forget that Terry's birthday is Friday! He will be starting his last year in his 20s.


No comments:
Post a Comment