In case you didn’t know, we went on vacation. We went to Oak Island, NC and stayed in “our” house, Due South. We took our time on getting there; we drove about 7 hours on Friday and finished the trip on Saturday morning.
After taking care of the grocery shopping (Saturday evening) and a trip to Wal*Mart (Sunday morning) for fishing supplies, we were ready for fun and sun. Maggie took to the beach much better than I had expected. She was most happy sitting in my lap or between my legs right where the tide rolled in. All she needed was a shovel and a bucket full of water. Izzy spent her days running (on her tip-toes) up and down the beach and having someone walk out in the water with her.
We did take a short trip to South Port to shop at an awesome toy/candy store and look at some water. We also took a day off from the sun and sand to visit the aquarium. This is our 3rd time at that aquarium. It’s pretty much the same fish every time. I think next time we go, we’ll skip that trip.
We all slept in one room. I worried about how that would work, but it did. One of us slept with Izzy every night and Maggie started in the pack-n-play each night, but would end up in bed with one of us by the morning. She only had one rough night.
There was less card and game playing this time around. With 4 children under the age of 4, once we got them to bed we were all too tired to play cards. That’s a shame too, because I would have kicked some serious butt.
I, of course, got a great sunburn. My back is itching like crazy these days and I leave skin everywhere I go. The girls both got tanned, since I was smart enough to put sun screen on them. Luke got a small burn on his back and a pretty good one on his legs from the day they went out on a chartered fishing trip.
We were all very sad to leave at the end of the week. Izzy was very sad when we went to the beach one last time, on Friday evening. The tide was high, it was getting dark, and she was in regular clothes. No more getting in the water for her. I won’t lie; I shed a tear while packing up our suit cases. Saturday morning, we finished cleaning up the house and set home at 8:30am. After just a few stops, we were back home at 10:30pm.
It was so wonderful to spend an entire week with my family. We work all day during the week and are so busy on the weekends; we hardly get to concentrate just on the girls. We had nowhere to go, nowhere to be at any specific time. The girls got to spend time with their cousins and we got to spend some time without dogs or alarm clocks.
I’ll let the pictures tell the rest of the story…..
Will (age 9 months), Grammy, Maggie (age 1 year), Granddaddy
Henry (age 8 years), Izzy (age 3 years), Laney (age 2 years)











No comments:
Post a Comment